This is a free sample from Angel and Teavivre. Many thanks for sending me this new tea love.

I had a guest today who I don’t know terribly well. It is someone I knew briefly when I was young and have only seen once more in the past thirty years. This gentleman and I have become Facebook friends over our love of dogs and he asked if we would be willing to dogsit his new puppy on Tuesdays. Today was a test run to see if the puppy and my Sam would get along (they did) and he said in advance that he wanted to try some of that tea I talk about on Facebook!

He has only had Lipton tea and said he drinks it with milk and sugar. I have found puerh to be a safe bet with people who love coffee, as long as you give them GOOD puerh. We pulled out the gongfu set and began.

He listened to my spiel about puerh, then sipped. His surprise was undisguisable. Right away he told me he liked it, and it didn’t need any milk or sugar. He loved how smooth it was, saying that he thought tea was drying, and this one wasn’t! We drank cup after cup, and made steep after steep. Several times he stopped talking about other things to comment on the tea. I must say it seemed uncommonly good today.

I don’t have a lot of this left, so I really need to finalize my order so I can get a big bag of this in. I have been waiting for my new samples before I place the order because as sure as I go ahead and order I will find more in this new box that I have to have some more of!

Right now, this is my “puerh I must have on hand.” Delicious, polished ancient cedar beams, thick mouthfeel, wonderment!

Jim Marks

These really are very good leaves.

And tea always tastes better when you’re serving someone.

Comments

Jim Marks

These really are very good leaves.

And tea always tastes better when you’re serving someone.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina