The first time this was served at tea party, it was so oversteeped and bitter that it got poured out – probably the only time we poured out a whole pot, though once or twice there has been a tea that someone just didn’t care for at all and chose another. We did have three new puppies in the house and I think my little teameister got distracted by the cuteness!

This time I made it myself, and scaled back the water temp a little, as well as the steep time. Wow! This tea transformed itself into a Darjeeling! This is delicious and nutty, but there is a strong muscatel tart little bite to it that made it really interesting. Great tea, just baby it if you have any left. It will be worth it! This one is no longer available from H&S.

Bonnie

YOU NEVER HAVE TO POUR OUT TEA! But you didn’t give up…so good for you. All was saved!

ashmanra

Bonnie: that last time, it was so horrible my guest wouldn’t drink it! I could have used it for foot tea, I guess, and who knows, maybe adding a good bit of water or weak tea would have salvaged it. It tasted like badly burned nuts.

Indigobloom

hehe I giggle just a little every time you say foot tea :P

Comments

Bonnie

ashmanra

Indigobloom

hehe I giggle just a little every time you say foot tea :P

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina