Yesterday I did a wee bit of shoveling-up some grass that had overgrown one of my beds outside while it was over 100 degrees for about a month and I couldn’t take the heat to work in the yard. Last night, my back told me it wasn’t very happy with me. Today when I turned to take the kettle off the burner for geometry tea, my back said NO! And I screamed! Lots of time on the heating pad, lots of ibuprofen.

There is a good part – a silver lining to this cloud. We have always had a tight budget because we made the choice for me to stay home with the kids. My income is tiny. Whisper “tiny” to see how small it is! :) For many years we literally only ate at a restaurant twice a year…our anniversary and my birthday. But last month, we started a little tradition of just hubby and me going to the Chinese buffet. The food was plentiful and good, but they only have cheap black tea, so I just made green tea when we got home and we drank it together. (The kids are old enough to stay home alone and don’t Like Chinese food.)

Tonight I told hubby that I just didn’t think I could go. My back is tight and not hurting quite as much, but sometimes when I stand, I scream. I didn’t really want to do that in a big restaurant. Hubby said he would go and get take out. They weigh the boxes. And guess what? It was cheaper to bring it home than to eat there plus you save the tip money AND I made two pots of this great jasmine tea to enjoy WHILE we ate, not just after! I had been worried about whether our budget would allow us to continue our Chinese food night tradition, but this is very do-able! Plus we have leftovers for tomorrow! Hooray!

I had my tea buying ban in effect, but then youngest needed Lapsang so she can do school, and I NEEDED to hit the free shipping mark, so I ordered some of the newer Extra Fine Downy Jasmine Pearls. :) They are on the way.

Oh, and here is today’s geometry doodle. Maybe I should tell her to be a drama major! :D

K S

The saddest doodle ever!

Hope the screaming back sudsides quickly.

Mercuryhime

Sorry about your back. :( I wonder of some gentle back stretches will help? Like lying down and hugging your knees to your chest. If you feel up to it, try rocking gently side to side. Feel better soon!

Also, awesome drawing! Quite possibly one of the most expressive stick figures I’ve ever seen. haha I’d say art or drama both make sense here. :)

Missy

lol she should be! I hope your back feels better soon

Roughage

I hope your back is feeling better soon. At least you had Chinese and good tea to cheer you up. Love the doodle. It fits perfectly with this morning’s Strindberg theme: http://www.strindbergandhelium.com/

tigress_al

Chinese take-out is just so good sometimes!
On no, your poor back. Feel better soon

I will be waiting to hear how you like the extra fine pearls compared to these ones.

ashmanra

Already reviewed them side by side! Teavivre had sent me a sample and they were so good I already ordered them. I’m afraid I drink my jasmine pearls so fast I have to reorder often! I have a opulent of friends who enjoy drinking them with me so that helps the bag empty quickly!

tigress_al

Oh goodness. I found your post about the comparison and I had commented on it. Awesome. I am gonna have to make an order to try those extra fine pearls!

ashmanra

They are both so truly excellent it is hard to choose, and I just had their jasmine green tea and am kicking myself that I didn’t order that, too. Next time!

ashmanra

Roughage: I just showed her the video – she had a good laugh!

Roughage

Glad she liked it. There is something quite endearing about Sweden’s most depressing playwright being teamed up with a talking helium balloon.

Comments

K S

The saddest doodle ever!

Hope the screaming back sudsides quickly.

Mercuryhime

Missy

lol she should be! I hope your back feels better soon

tigress_al

Chinese take-out is just so good sometimes!
On no, your poor back. Feel better soon

ashmanra

Roughage: I just showed her the video – she had a good laugh!

Roughage

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina