drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

I have ordered two flavors of matcha based on what my eldest daughter likes because I thought she would benefit from drinking matcha. She will have to pry the Pumpkin Pie matcha out of my hands now, and that isn’t even a flavor I would normally get attached to, but it is so good! I was good and let her take the Mocha Matcha home with her and I told her I will buy her a Pumpkin Pie matcha of her own soon!

So when it was my turn to pick a flavor just for me – though I wanted to get something I think hubby will like, too – it was so very hard! This is ridiculous! I go to the Red Leaf website several times a day at least and salivate over the flavors and try to choose what I will order next and after that and after that…

Well, this time, the winner was Caramel. I thought it would be great to mix in with hubby’s Carnation Instant Breakfast. He is very picky, he needs the green tea, and he needs the energy for his long days at work but still needs focus. So in a way I guess I am still ordering for others, but I will enjoy it, too.

I ordered the large size tin and large matcha, and I chose the Robust flavor level. Get the tin! (You need a screw on lid tin so the powder doesn’t go flying, and once you get a collection of them you can just start refilling them.) You can order it here:

I did not sift the matcha, but just measured it into a small bowl and got out my kitchen whisk. The aroma is the intoxicating scent of a bakery full of cupcakes and birthday cakes! Swoon! I added hot water and whisked, then I put an ice cube in the matcha for just a moment to cool it a little, then took the ice out and poured in milk and added a pack of vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast in. I was making two glasses at a time, so one of them I just stirred and tasted. That was for me.

For my youngest daughter, I got out the Bamix and mixed the drink with the aerator blade so that it was very frothy and milkshake-like. She made a face when I asked her to taste it, I guess because of the slight green tint, but her face changed as soon as she sipped. She loved it! And if she loved it, I know her Dad will, too. She asked me how on earth they do it. I told her I have no idea but I hope they keep on doing it!

Now I can get some antioxidants in hubby in the mornings to make me happy, some caffeine to make him happy, and he doesn’t have to give up his quick breakfast of choice!

The big problem now is….what matcha do I order next? There are so many amazing flavors from which to choose!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina