drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Yes, I just made this for a second time today! I think I have found a real favorite! I did it the same way, heating a Pyrex cup of milk in the microwave with a little sugar in it, then took it out and added 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder. I mixed it really well with my immersion blender until there was a lot of froth on top and poured it into a mug.

He LOVED it! He is super picky and usually it is hard to sweeten things enough for him though he is getting better about it. First he sniffed it – something he does to every new food or drink he tries. Sigh. But this time he was happy with his first sniff! He downed that mug so fast, then came in the kitchen and told me that his matcha broke, and wanted me to warranty it and fix him a new one! LOL! I don’t know if he really should have that much matcha so late since he also had a Black Cherry Matcha water bottle at the gym earlier!

Anyway, it makes me happy because I was really looking for drinks that my daughter and hubby would like, that would give them the caffeine they want, and be better for them. And here it is! Daughter texted me this morning asking me to order a pumpkin pie matcha for her since she has nearly finished the mocha matcha I gave her. And I really think my son is going to be asking for his own black cherry matcha to take to the gym once he tastes it.

The Purrfect Cup

I might have to try it this way. I have this one to try and I’m very nervous about making matcha. I always just blend it into smoothies.

Azzrian

Who is “he” ? What am I missing? Did my eyes cross again while reading – I just woke up so its happening … SIGH I should go back to sleep.

ashmanra

You got me, Azzrian! I must have deleted a sentence where I said this was for my picky hubby! Sorry! Or thanks to my cold medicine I forgot to put it in entirely!

Helena

try this with marshamallows and milk (or milk equivalent) and it will taste divine :D

Comments

The Purrfect Cup

Azzrian

ashmanra

Helena

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina