drank Wuyi Cassia by Harney & Sons

We have been gone almost all day. First we drove to visit my daughter and have lunch at her apartment, then we took Samwise, our puppy, to the trails at the state art museum in Raleigh. It was a beautiful day.

This was one of those nights when I wanted tea and just didn’t know which one. Standing in front of my Harney shelves, my eye landed on this one. I haven’t had it in eight months apparently.

I will definitely be having it more often. When I opened the tin, the dry leaves smelled like chocolate. They were so long and thick and twisty. These are big, gorgeous leaves! This reminds me very much of the Da Hong Pao that the Chinese gentleman at the Asian buffet gave me. He said his tea was very expensive. Well, this one was, too, so maybe they are related! :)

This is a toasty oolong, and it has so much character. Hubby drinks all black tea with milk and sugar – he says he can’t take it any other way. But he likes oolong, green, and puerh plain. This oolong was too much for him. I really think he would like it if he treated it like a black tea, though. It can handle it! I think it would be a shame because I love it just like it is! Grilled stone fruit, yes, but a touch of vanilla perhaps? A little spiciness that isn’t quite cinnamon to me, and when comparing to cinnamon would be more akin to Ceylon cinnamon than Vietnamese or Chinese.

I definitely want to resteep these leaves tomorrow. Beautiful tea!

TeaBrat

sounds good to me!

Comments

TeaBrat

sounds good to me!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina