drank Ali San by Harney & Sons

Hubby and I sat down for four infusions, gong fu, of a different oolong. It wasn’t bitter or bad, it was just…liquid. No particular flavor notes came out at me. It was boring tea. Hubby said it didn’t do anything for him, either. Not bad, just not wow.

I was feeling a bit blue and I wanted something really good to make me go, “Ahhhhh. Mmmmm.”

This is the last of the sample I ordered over a year ago…maybe two years ago…from Harney and Sons. And this is what I was looking for. Hubby had already gone to bed but I took a tiny cup to him and asked him to try it. “That’s better,” said he.

I have to agree. This is sweetly floral and a touch fruity. Harney says it has citrus notes, but don’t get the idea that this is sour or tingly or lemon lime. This is a sweet and mellow fruit taste under the touch of flowers. I think I would compare it to osmanthus or gardenia, very light.

I will be taking advantage of the new Harney shipping special and ordering this, Royal Wedding, and Old Fir Da Hong Pao. Orders over $25 ship free, no coupon code needed. It ends 2/14/13.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina