I was raised in the Bible Belt in a Baptist household. My mother was raised in a Baptist orphanage. It was a loving, nurturing home, but you did not, I repeat, did NOT say “oh my God” or “Jesus Christ” unless you were actually praying. My sister frequently said, “OH LORD!” Then softly added, “And I do mean it reverently.” Yep, we were that Southern Baptist.

These habits are hard to break, and I still do not use those expressions lightly, so believe me when I say I meant it with all my heart when I cut this package open, sniffed, and said, “Oh my God” in a husky voice as my knees shook.

I had only tried a sample of this, but loved it long ago. When a friend signed up for Teavivre samples I encouraged her to try this one, and she fell in love with it and no other tea would do, so I placed an order for both of us. I guess it has been over a year now since I had my samples.

What is so great about it? Everything. The jasmine aroma is lighter than their other jasmines like Dragon Pearl Jasmine, Silver Jasmine Green, and Superfine Downy Jasmine Dragon Pearls. The tea itself is so rich and creamy. The mouth feel reminds me very much of having a bit of real whipping cream. This is a white tea with great body, great taste of creamy oaty grain goodness, and the sweetness of jasmine laid over the top. The jasmine stays with you after the sip in a little ghost of aftertaste.

Hubby tried it for the first time tonight and really liked it. We had five steeps, FIVE!, so far and it is still so very good.

Thank you for sending me samples and introducing me to so many wonderful teas, Teavivre! I end up buying almost everything I taste!

Edited to add: after hubby went to bed I went for a sixth steep. I drank it. I had to get up a lot last night! Just until about 2 am. LOL!

tigress_al

This one is so good. It would be interesting to compare all of Teavivre’s jasmines!

K S

Yes to everything you wrote.

gmathis

Your first paragraph made me snort Nina’s up my nose! You’ll get this one: we took Mom last weekend for a bittersweet day at their little home church—not the one I grew up in—and I had to look left and right to make sure it was OK to applaud :) My brother, veteran bluegrass musician, brought his dobro to play Jesus Loves Me, the Old Rugged Cross, and How Great Thou Art for Mom’s birthday present. You would’ve cried, too.

Terri HarpLady

I love this review! :)

ashmanra

tigress_al: I think I have now tried all of their jasmines! In order of preference, I would say this is my favorite for when I can really be still and pay attention to how good my tea is, Premium Jasmine Dragon Pearls come next, then Superfine Downy Jasmine Pearls, then Silver Jasmine Green tea, which is excellent with food but not as good by itself as these others. I still bought a lot of it because it is very economical and when paired with a meal I do detect enough difference to justify using a more expensive tea.

ashmanra

GMathis: you are right! I definitely would have cried! My youngest is now getting into gospel bluegrass thanks to the game Bioshock Infinite of all things, and is performing Will the Circle Be Unbroken (original lyrics) with me and with one of my students!

K S and Terri: Glad you liked it! :)

gmathis

You know, there are just some things that can’t be sung off a screen with a rhythm track :)

Comments

tigress_al

K S

Yes to everything you wrote.

Terri HarpLady

I love this review! :)

ashmanra

K S and Terri: Glad you liked it! :)

gmathis

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina