drank Unknown Puerh by Red Leaf Tea

Not long ago, Red Leaf Tea announced that they had received some puerh by mistake and we could have it for the cost of shipping it to us. I signed up and received mine yesterday. My daughter got some as well and had it shipped here because she works twelve hour shifts and the apartment complexes have those postal boxes like bird houses and I am concerned that they get too hot.

This has led me to wonder if I should order tea in the summer at all. My mail is left in a box on my house, under the porch, but in the meantime it has traveled quite a bit and sat in the back of a hot mail truck before arriving. Does anyone else think this might make a difference? I have never noticed a tea not tasting good and attributed it to heat, though, so maybe it doesn’t matter. Thoughts?

Anyway, I love making puerh the way Bonnie suggested and have enjoyed it very much. She has a cup hot and then puts the leaves in cold water to steep in the fridge. It is too blooming hot here this morning to drink anything hot, so I actually just poured some hot water on two tuocha, left it a minute, and filled the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water and cold steeped it.

The resulting brew is quite dark, so I poured a glass and refilled the pitcher with water. The tea is SO good and refreshing! My friend was astonished a few days ago when I told her I loved iced puerh, no sweetening, but you really should try it! It is a very refreshing drink, and my tummy was a little angry about Chinese food last night followed by popcorn with coconut oil and butter on it. The tea seems to have helped a lot!