Note: this is the loose leaf version, purchased in London.

I saw this described as Whittard’s lightest Earl Grey but the scent when I opened the tin seemed to challenge that notion. I notice that it is only referred to as black tea here except for one person who mentioned oolong, yet when I turned my tin over it said there was 13% green tea in this. Hmmmm. For this reason I pulled the temperature back ever so slightly and kept the steep a little shorter.

And guess what happened? The jasmine stepped forward in a big way and the bergamot was perfectly matched with it. It made a sweet dance of the most elegant flavors that made my pinky hoist into the air and made me glad I had used my favorite tea cup. The brew is fairly light in color, but the tea has plenty of strength so don’t oversteep this. You don’t want to miss it in all of its glory.

This is a tea I would serve to a friend who was sad and needed for me to say “There, there!” and give them tea and sympathy. Or one for a young lady’s first elegant tea party. Or for drinking when you need a touch of glorious beauty in your life.

Brilliant. And I wish you could see these tins. They are gorgeous.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina