I ordered one of the 3rd Anniversary special sample packages when I ordered puerh for my son (and maybe some Jasmine Silver Needle White for me ssssshhhhhhh don’t tell anybody.) This is one of the additional samples I chose.

I drank it with my bestie because she loves the Jasmine Silver Needle and she drinks chamomile just about every night, so I was interested in how she would like it. Also, it is a great opportunity to get friends addicted to new tea so they come and see you more often. :)

I used the whole sample in my 22 ounce pot. When the pouch was opened the aroma of chamomile filled the whole kitchen. It was stronger than if I had straight chamomile! I put the leaves in my display dish so she could she how lovely the tea was before we started steeping. The white tea is so downy, soft, and fluffy, and there are loads of chamomile blossoms and rose buds. Beautiful! But once it sat in the dish, the dominant scent was rose. What a chameleon!

Steeped, I tasted mostly chamomile, but it was made thick and creamy by the white tea. I did not taste very much rose, which is contrary to the experience of one other reviewer.

I resteeped the leaves but I had a student on the way over and lost rack of time. I know I oversteeped it badly, but it did no harm. I drank the whole second pot by myself and didn’t get any bitterness. It’s nice when tea is forgiving!

One thing I know is that this is going in my cart for next order as it is on sale soon. Even though there is caffeine in the white tea, the aroma is so soothing and comforting that I will be craving it on cold evenings this fall.

Edited to add: I forgot to say that this tasted very sweet to me even though we made no additions. Very sweet!

K S

I put a sample of this in my cart while stocking up on jasmine dragon pearls and powdered green tea. Sounds like I am going to like it!

ashmanra

Jasmine Dragon Pearls will be on my order, too. I love them! The Chamomile Rose had a similar effect on me as the JDP….instant serenity.

Comments

K S

ashmanra

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina