Do you know that song, “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” by U2? I was singing it every time I had a cup of Keemun tea. I had a memory of what I wanted for breakfast, but I wasn’t finding it. Don’t get me wrong, I had some great Keemuns, but they were either so smooth and fine they were really for afternoon or they were so harsh and brassy I needed milk to tone them down.

But here it is, the very flavor profile I was looking for. I have had a hard time describing the tongue scraping feeling that some teas give. I don’t mean sour astringency, and I usually describe it as the way dry unsweetened cocoa powder would feel on your tongue. But when I saw the mention of “wood” in the company description, I thought of those little wooden spoons that used to come with the rare ice cream cup in the school cafeteria. That is the feeling I mean, the way that wooden spoon felt.

Keemun Grade 1 – I am so glad I found what I was looking for.

7 g 22 OZ / 650 ML
K S

This is a good one. Have you had the Hao Ya from Teavivre? I remember liking it once I got over my initial shock – at the time I thought it was smoky.

looseTman

Congrats on your 1,800 tasting note! Way to go ashmanra!

Cathy Zheng

I kinda love the taste of wooden spoons

ashmanra

K S: I did try it, a long while back, and it is probably the tea I was remembering now that I look back at my notes. I like smokey tea! I only had a sample, though. I ordered the Superfine Aromatic from them and love it, but it is so very smooth that it doesn’t do breakfast for me. I drink it in the afternoons.

looseTman: I didn’t even realize! Thank you! I need to push for 2,000!

Cathy: My hubby feels the same way. He loved the taste of those wooden spoons!

looseTman

Premium Keemun Hao Ya “the very flavor profile I was looking for” for breakfast and Superfine for afternoons, sounds like a definite plan! I’ve been enjoying Premium Keemun Hao Ya for breakfast for about a year. My 1st TeaVivre order was 700 g of it. The 2nd anniversary sale was 1 kg! The 3rd anniversary sale was 500 g of it and 500 g of Golden Monkey.

ashmanra

looseTman: Those sound like lovely and exciting orders!

Comments

K S

looseTman

Congrats on your 1,800 tasting note! Way to go ashmanra!

Cathy Zheng

I kinda love the taste of wooden spoons

ashmanra

looseTman: I didn’t even realize! Thank you! I need to push for 2,000!

Cathy: My hubby feels the same way. He loved the taste of those wooden spoons!

ashmanra

looseTman: Those sound like lovely and exciting orders!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina