This is very different from the three pu-erhs I have tried. All the others were unflavored
and had the earthy, horsey aroma and smooth taste. Steeped, they were blacker than ink. I never get up thinking, “Gee, I want a big cup of pu-erh right now!” , but I do like it well enough and will drink it if it is offered. It also makes me feel better when I have overindulged in a fatty food, which is what pu-erh is most noted for.

The dry leaves of this one smelled minty. That’s right, MINTY! And the tea tastes more green than pu-erh. Even the dregs in my cup right now have that minty aroma. If you are looking for strong, black, horsey pu-erh, forget it. This brews up very light like a green! It is pretty good, refreshing, and worth a try.