drank Thé des Cigales by Dammann Freres

I was tres chic today at tea time in my new alpaca lace scarf gifted me by JacquelineM and made with her own two hands! She also furnished the best two teas at the table. Thank you! You are a wonder!
We were only supposed to have two teas today, but since we were still chatting and there were cookies and Aero chocolates left, I couldn’t stand it! We just had to make another pot of tea. The aroma is arresting. I read once that the French teas are so good because the French are master perfumers, and they use that blending expertise to make teas that make your mouth water. There was a lot of oohing and ahhing over this tea. The fresh fig gives a warm cozy feel while the orange peel gives a bright note and the nutmeg teases you from the background. Aaaaaah. I didn’t know if it would go well with food, but the pretzel sticks and chocolate covered cookies were not at all affronted. Delightful tea!

205 °F / 96 °C
ashmanra

Forgot to add, we did take it sans additions and loved it!