drank Vanilla Black by Harney & Sons

I drank a cup of this today especially for JacquelineM in hopes of giving a good description of it to compare with Vanilla Comoro.

Vanilla Black doesn’t taste as much like a dessert tea to me, while Vanilla Comoro oozes sweetness and caramel. I drank it first with no additions to see if the tea taste was coming through for me. It did, and I also thought I detected a very light cocoa note? I would assume that most flavored teas begin as a mild Ceylon but perhaps there is a hint of Keemun in this, or perhaps it is part of the natural flavor. The vanilla is not as sweet as Comoro, but does have the mellowness of a Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla. I drink this one with sugar only, but perhaps I should have tried it with milk to see what happens. This is a very good tea, and I enjoyed it iced in early spring.