drank Hao Ya 'A' by Harney & Sons

ABout a year ago I bought a sample of this tea. I was a brand new baby loose leaf tea drinker. I thought this was SO STRONG! I was glad I didn’t buy a whole tin. Now, my tastes have changed drastically, I no longer add sugar to all my teas, and I wanted to see if my feelings on this one have changed. I had just purchased some Keemun Hao Ya A at A Southern Season and thought it was awfully mild.

Today we tried the two teas side by side. Harney’s is definitely superior. The aroma of the dry leaves is deeper and richer, the color of the steeped tea is darker, and the flavor is more robust. (And the funny thing? It wasn’t at all strong to me! I thought it was milder than Emperor’s Red, JacquelineM’s roasty toasty friend who captured my heart and tastebuds as well.)

This is a good, solid tea and if you like Keemuns I believe it is worth your time.
205 °F / 96 °C