drank Golden Monkey by Teavana

I gave this one a second chance at the tea party today. The first time I tried it I made it by Teavana’s directions which call for a lower temp and time than most black teas usually do. It was….unspectacular, though the aroma was marvelous. Today I tried making it the same way I make Golden Monkey (may it forever be in my cupboard!) by Harney and Sons. The leaves look like Harney’s, the aroma smells like Harney’s, but the flavor – alas! Not even close! This tea is simply not as good and costs twice as much. We were drinking the two side by side so we could be sure it wasn’t our imagination that Harney’s is so much better.

I am so glad I only bought two ounces. Wish I had only asked for one – though many kudos and points to dear dear hubby who is too good to me and picked this up on his lunch hour while out of town because he knew I wanted to try it! :)