drank Emperor's Red by Premium Steap

When a water main breaks and your city is put on “boil water” status for three days what do you do? You make tea! I was disappointed because five minutes of boiling is supposed to make the water a bit flat since so much oxygen is dispersed from it, but my tea was yummy anyway.

This is a wonderful tea that to which JacquelineM introduced me. It has the aroma you would get if you made a plate of Pepperidge Farm dark chocolate cookies and some of the chocolate melted on your hands. I supposed that is what they call unsweetened cocoa notes. It was wonderful with my Everything Bagel, sans additions. I usually add milk and sugar to my breakfast tea “just because” but I had this one without because that is how I normally drink it in the afternoons with my cookies. Ah. Nice start to the day.

gmathis

Yum, double yum, and quadruple yum on the chocolate…this is the time of year when I could easily sit and do in a whole tub of Betty Crocker fudge frosting with nothing but a spoon, so I’ve been trolling my collection for anything that has essence of chocolate without the calories.

ashmanra

This isn’t really a chocolate flavor like Florence so much as it is a cocoa aroma. The flavor is, as Jacqueline says, “roasty toasty.” It is a lovely tea! For super chocolate flavor, chocolate and cream by Teafrog is v-e-r-y satisfying! I also like Florence or Chocolate Tea by Harney and Sons. And chocolate frosting from a spoon would be a big hit around here….with a large quantity of ice cold milk! MMMMMM.

Comments

gmathis

ashmanra

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina