drank Keemun Mao Feng by Harney & Sons

The dry leaves have an AMAZING aroma! There is a very high note that reminds me of mint, for some reason, but I do not claim to be experienced or good at discerning flavors! It smells rich, rich, rich.

The tea is lighter in color and heft than Hao Ya A and has a nice sweetness. It does not have the body or rich mouth-feel of Golden Monkey, but is quite good. I may be way off base in this comparison but the taste reminds me a bit of Teavana’s Golden Monkey. (Teavana’s GM has the aroma of Harney’s Golden Monkey but lacks the rich, honey-and- caramel flavor of it. )

The cocoa notes are there, but are not as pronounced as those in Harney’s Hao Ya A or in Premium Steap’s Emperor’s Red. This is a very nice tea. My guest loved it, youngest daughter says she still prefers Hao Ya A but thought it was very good.

JacquelineM, I will send a sample of this your way when I get to Southern Season to pick up Wild Forest Oolong!

Boiling
Doodleology

I guess I have to try Hao Ya A, now. :) I had a pot of Keemun this morning. It was a very happy pot of tea.

ashmanra

Harney’s English Breakfast is also 100% keemun and has lovely light smoke. (Very light!) And I think I need to order a tin of Hao Ya A also! I have the one from Southern Season but it is very very mild. I only had the sample from Harney and Sons. I need to graduate to the tin!

Comments

Doodleology

ashmanra

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina