drank Caramel by Adagio Teas

Although the tea wasn’t labeled Adagio and was repackaged, I have no doubt this is what I purchased. I knew when I tasted it that this was a Ceylon base, and I am pretty sure it is a high grown Ceylon because it has a slight astringency, but not unpleasantly so. Also, there are some odd looking leaves, and when I saw this picture I knew this was my tea. The tearoom where I bought this was reviewed many times on teamap.com which is hosted by Adagio, so I figured many of their teas would be from there. About half of their tea was from Harney and Sons.

I have to agree with other reviewers. The caramel flavor is nice though has a slightly burnt taste. I took this with no additions, and I bet that with a little milk or milk and sugar it would be a good dessert tea. I like it, I will drink it, it is a step up from the Twinings I have had this week, but I don’t see myself buying more.

205 °F / 96 °C
gmathis

I think cream or 1/2 and 1/2 improves it greatly.

ashmanra