drank Vanilla Black by Harney & Sons

We tried a new pitcher of this at “little tea party” today. It was cold brewed overnight and I added the simple syrup beforehand because the Tuesday crowd always adds sugar to everything! I thought it would simplify things to have it pre-sweetened. We also had homemade lemonade, made the way my mother taught me with simple syrup! At 99 degrees without accounting for the heat index, I thought it would be a great day to go iced! Also, youngest daughter was asked by a neighbor to hostess a tea party in HER home today, so I am without my kettle and five of my teapots.

This was very well-received. Everyone loved it and commented on how the vanilla flavor came through. And it does! It is so crisp and fresh. This is definitely going on my next Harney order by the pound. The 8 ounce tin isn’t going to do it! It was served with McVitie’s Digestive Biscuits, Chocolate Flavor Kedem Tea Biscuits, and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

I am LOVING the cold brew method, though I know it doesn’t work for all teas….like that pitcher of decaf I just poured down the drain as undrinkable.
Iced 0 min, 15 sec
QuiltGuppy

How fun to be invited to host tea in someone else’s home!

ashmanra

Indeed! The hostess was only familiar with sweet Southern iced tea and asked my daughter to choose the teas, come over and prepare them, and be part of the party. The ladies loved the tea, and my daughter had a great time with them!

Dinosara

Can you PM me with the details of the cold brewing method you’re using? I know the theory, but I haven’t tried it yet and I want to!

Serendipitea

I’m also very interested in your cold brew method & the sugar syrup – never tried either before ..

Comments

QuiltGuppy

How fun to be invited to host tea in someone else’s home!

ashmanra

Dinosara

Serendipitea

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina