drank Royal Wedding by Harney & Sons

My youngest daughter was asked to prepare tea for a tea party for 5 adults today at the home of a neighbor who is not a tea drinker. She chose Paris, Florence, and Royal Wedding by Harney and Sons, and Marco Polo by Mariages Freres. The results surprised us!

The hands down winner was….Royal Wedding! I wonder if the 99 degree heat today made them love the coconut, which I think of as summer-y thanks to memories of Hawaiian Tropic suntan oil. Most surprisingly, Paris was liked but not one of the favorites, even though it is my go-to tea for non-tea drinkers and usually gets people hooked. Florence was the second favorite, drawing lots of ooo’s and aah’s. Marco Polo was the first tea they tried, and they didn’t say much about it other than loving the aroma of the dry leaves (she encouraged them to get the full experience!) but she think perhaps they were just getting warmed up and were getting a “feel” for tea! She said it was probably tied with Paris in popularity.

I am so happy that my “little one” had this opportunity to make tea, share her tea love with a group of adults, and have a fun afternoon meeting all these new ladies! They asked her if we go from home to home making and selling tea. When she told them that we just enjoy having people over to share tea, they told her she should make it a business! Hmmm, maybe a variation on the old lemonade stands???

JacquelineM

Interesting to hear what everyone liked!!!!

I think you all would have the most gracious tea salon in America!!!!

ashmanra

Today we are trying Teff Peanut Butter Cookies (I have never used Teff flour before so this could be good or bad!) and sto’boughten Mini-Eclairs because it is soooooo hot! Wish you could come to tea with us!