I ordered the sample packet of this from Harney and Sons, and received a very generous portion – enough for two 22 ounce Beehouse pots. In their description, they were very honest about it not being as sweet as in previous years, though I don’t know this from experience.

The dry leaves had a lovely tea aroma – you know you are smelling a fine tea when you inhale. I picked up honey and light raisin or molasses. Steeped, it left a bit to be desired for me. There is a hint of Golden Monkey’s character (not surprising since they come from approximately the same area), but watered down and much lighter. It wasn’t BAD, it just wasn’t as richly sweet. That reminded me of Teavana’s Golden Monkey which smells bold and rich like Harney’s but doesn’t taste like it, yet is excellent with milk and sugar just the same. I added milk and sugar to this one and found it to be a very drinkable tea – but not one I would order. It is described as medium bodied but I felt that it lacked heft. Perhaps we didn’t use enough leaf. I may try it again.

Dollar for dollar, I would buy H&S Golden Monkey over this one anytime. They are about the same price but Golden Monkey is very full bodied and so resteepable!