drank English Breakfast by Harney & Sons

I felt like a squirrel in the highway this morning as I tried to choose my tea. Rose Scented? English Breakfast? Rose Scented? It was especially important because it was the inaugural cup of tea for my new tea cup. I have been looking for the Old Country Roses true breakfast cup for five years, but they were always way too expensive and I am a bargain hunter. I finally found two on eBay that were quite inexpensive and the postman dropped them off this morning. Since it is a breakfast cup, I really felt I should make my beloved stalwart 100% keemun English Breakfast, but the roses enticed me to Rose Scented. Finally I compromised!

Jacqueline said she read that Rose Scented had keemun and Ceylon, so why not mix? I did my usual three teaspoons of English Breakfast for my 22 oz. pot (which is a little less than tea standards call for) and I added one teaspoon of Rose Scented. Delightful! That small amount of Rose Scented really softened the keemun and the Ceylon came through brightly. As it cooled, the rose became more prominent, though at no point was the rose too strong for me. It just added a certain flowery delight to my after breakfast cup of tea. I added milk and sugar as always for morning black tea. It must have been pretty good. I already finished all 22 ounces. Oof.

And if you were wondering….I thought the breakfast cup would be about the same capacity as the regular cup, maybe a tad larger but shorter and with a broader top to allow the tea to cool faster so one could get on with one’s breakfast and get to business. This cup is big enough to be a soup mug! LOL! I could nearly have cereal in it! I do love it, though, and I don’t regret the purchase!

Indigobloom

I have a 16oz mug at work and home… it makes tea drinking so pleasurable <3
—but mine is of the dollar store variety haha

ashmanra

LOL! I do have a cup with infuser that holds about 12 ounces or more, but I usually end up drinking a 22 ounce pot so I just use my Beehouse pot to brew and then pour into a cup. Most of our cups are really small, though, like 5 or 6 ounces, so this one was quite a surprise when I unpacked it! :)

JacquelineM

I googled your cup – it’s gorgeous!

Thank you! I love it!

Comments

Indigobloom

I have a 16oz mug at work and home… it makes tea drinking so pleasurable <3
—but mine is of the dollar store variety haha

JacquelineM

I googled your cup – it’s gorgeous!

Thank you! I love it!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina