drank Wild Wuyi Black by Harney & Sons

This is a complicated tea for me. The aroma is definitely intoxicating. They hit the nail on the head with that part! The tea itself has a lovely, rich aroma. I pick up the slightest hint of molasses and a lot of the same honeyed sweetness I get from Golden Monkey. The taste of the tea is not quite as full bodied and round as GM, but has that dark Golden Snail personality. This is more astringent than either of those two teas, though, yet it is still a smooth tea. I think it reminds me most of Teavana Golden Monkey and is almost exactly the same price. While this is an excellent tea, I think for the price and taste I prefer Golden Monkey by Harney and Sons.

205 °F / 96 °C
JacquelineM

How long did you steep it for? I did 4 minutes and 200 water and got chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. I was head over heels crazy for it! It didn’t act Golden Monkey-ish for me though. It was more like the Dark Snail :)

ashmanra

I steeped for about four and a half minutes. Only the aroma was Harney Golden Snail for me, the taste was indeed more Golden Snail. I hope to resteep shortly and see how that tastes!

JacquelineM

I liked the second steep – it was sweeter!

Comments

JacquelineM

ashmanra

JacquelineM

I liked the second steep – it was sweeter!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina