drank Golden Monkey by Harney & Sons

This cup of Golden Monkey is from the new season’s batch. I am going to try to pay attention and do a more thorough review! First, it still has that wonderful, full bodied aroma with honey notes, but when it was piping hot I picked up something I don’t remember from last year’s crop. When I inhale deeply there is a high, light citrus note, like lemon in tea. Could this be the green apple note that you mentioned in the Upton GM, Jacqueline? And was it there in the old one and I didn’t notice? Perhaps it is because this is leftover tea that we are reheating, or perhaps how it was made yesterday, but I do think the body is lighter. It used to seem almost thick and syrupy to me, but this is perhaps a little thinner than before. Youngest loves GM, but she adds milk and sugar. She thought it tasted the same, but said it is possible that it has less honey sweetness. We will brew another pot and try again, making sure we have plenty of leaves, though we used the same amount as usual last time. It is definitely still more full-bodied than GM from Teavana, which I like a lot as a milk and sugar breakfast tea.

205 °F / 96 °C