A friend sent me some sachets of this tea a couple of months ago and I never tried it. It is nearly 3am and I have to get up early tomorrow to drive my daughter to an airport over an hour away and I simply can not sleep! That is something that hasn’t happened in a while. I made this is hopes that it would soothe me right off to slumberland, but it doesn’t seem to have done much. The warmth did soothe a slightly irritated feeling throat, but unfortunately I can’t that I see much difference between this and the cheap stuff I bought at the grocery a couple of years ago. The flavor is bright and almost minty, which I suppose is what they call the green apple flavor. I suppose if I drank this often I might develop a deal taste for it and crave it, but as it is, it isn’t doing much for me. Perhaps I need to find out the name of the wonderful chamomile Jacqueline mentioned!

Boiling
JacquelineM

I’ll send you some fairytale tea :) It has chamomile, oatstraw (which is also pacifying) and a few other calming herbs in it. I think it’s tasty, too!

JacquelineM

here is the description so you can see the herbs: A delicious drink for children and adults. A delightful and inspiring infusion blend full of flowers & fairy magic; perfect for bedtime stories. Aroma: Light, effervescent, with floral notes. Taste: Lively and refreshing, a subtle citrusy flavor. Liquor: Medium golden. Properties: Traditionally used to encourage calming.

Contains: (all organic) Calendula flowers, Red Clover flowers, Lavender flowers, Chamomile flowers, Lemon Balm, Catnip, Spearmint, Skullcap, Thyme, Oatstraw, Lemon peel and a pinch of Stevia.

ashmanra

I really could have used that last night! Sounds lovely…

Brittany

I’ve had similar experiences with chamomile. It seems to be a favorite among many (including my grandmother), but on its own I find it rather bland and disappointing. Not to mention, I’ve haven’t had much success with its supposed calming properties. The blend Jacqueline recommended from Mountain Rose is excellent. The spearmint (prominent flavor to me) always pairs well with the
apple and floral notes of chamomile.

Comments

JacquelineM

ashmanra

I really could have used that last night! Sounds lovely…

Brittany

apple and floral notes of chamomile.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina