drank Golden Blend by Harney & Sons

This was very nice as a milk and saugar breakfast tea this morning. It is paired with cheese toast and mustard, naturally!

Teawing recently enlightened us about cheese toast being a traditional treat for British sailors in the 19th century. Well, a few weeks ago I realized that I had never read Treasure Island, nor have I seen the movie. I decided that would be the next book we read aloud. A couple of days ago we reached the chapter where Jim Hawkins meets Ben Gunn. When Ben speaks of living off goats, berries, and oysters and not seeing Christian food in three years, the one food he mentions by name remembering fondly is toasted cheese! Why, isn’t it a small world and full of coincidence!

As for this tea,my youngest absolutely adores it, she being an Irish Breakfast fan and all! And I like it with milk and sugar, though I haven’t taken to it plain. But I do not care overmuch for Assams.