Oh, Doulton, I am so thankful for this tea this morning! I have had a grumpy tummy since Sunday night and if I eat even just a little bit it starts to burn. Sometimes tea can aggravate it further, but puer usually makes it feel better. Then I remembered…

There was a sachet in the pouch from Doulton and its wrapper was labeled C&S Puer. I looked on the Lupicia website to get their steeping recommendations and saw that it meant chocolate and strawberry. My day just got way better!

I like puer tea, even unflavored, but I do divide them by aroma type. They seem to be either shrimp/fish or horse farm aroma. Horse farm is my favorite!

The sachet smelled wonderful! Wonderful! The steeped tea is beautiful chocolate and strawberry with a hint of horse farm beneath. The taste is sweet, smooth, chocolate and strawberry very well balanced. Neither steals the spotlight from the other. They are perfectly paired. The chocolate really does feel like real chocolate sliding down the throat. Ahhhh! This is wonderful stuff, and my tummy isn’t getting angry. Hopefully, this puer will put it to rights very quickly.

Between this one and American Tea Room’s Toasted Fig that i received from Quiltguppy, I may be ruined for unflavored puer forever! Planning to resteep…

Jenn

Ha! How could one ever be expected to choose between shrimp/fish or horse farm???

Serendipitea

^ hahaha – I’ll go a horse farm please :P

Gosh now I remember why it’s safer to stay off of Steepster >>> runs off to read about Toasted Fig!