Oh Doulton, I can’t believe you sent me a whole tin of this, but I am so glad you did!

Many Indian teas and I don’t get along, or if I do drink them they have to have milk and sugar to soothe my tummy. That is why you won’t see Indian tea reviewed on tea party day much, because we adults take everything plain that day, so I just don’t serve anything I know I can’t drink plain!

But this….this….is…good…tea. It isn’t as strong as I thought it would be, but my mouth literally watered when I leaned over and sniffed the tea in my cup. And though a few people have mentioned a raisin-y aroma, I swear I think I pick up something fruity like a hint of grape aroma, perhaps muscatel or scuppernong – the aroma of which takes me back to when I got caught in a bear trap under my great aunt’s scuppernong vines when I was seven, but I digress.

I just drank three cups of this with no additions at all, and youngest, who really enjoys Indian teas, drank hers with hearty pleasure, adding milk and sugar. The pot is empty, but I need not fret. There is a whole tin of this delightful strapping fellow in my kitchen! This is the best Indian black tea I have tried to date. Thank you again, Doulton!