Tonight, youngest and I shared a tea supper of chicken soup with slices of freshly made buttermilk bread for sopping the broth. I asked her to select the tea, and since she has recently become addicted to the Sherlock Holmes stories, she was eager to have this one. Last time I had it, I said I thought I preferred it with additions. Well, I guess I must be fickle, because tonight I took it plain and we finished the 22 ounce pot in no time!

When my daughter opened the tin, she exclaimed at how much tea there was, knowing this from a swap. Then she paused and said, “Oh, you must have gotten this from DOULTON!” indeed, I got this delightful, delicious tea from Doulton!

gmathis

If you like Sherlock spin-offs, try the Mary Russell/Sherlock series by Laurie King. Formerly owned ’em all except the newest one. Another recommendation—not Holmes, but definitely with that sort of flair—is the series by Will Thomas. “Some Danger Involved” is the first one.

ashmanra

Thanks! Middle daughter reads so voraciously that I am always looking for more good books. She goes to the library at least once a week and brings home a stack and has them read before she can go back.. Now youngest has got the bug! Have you read the Thursday Next series?

gmathis

Most of them. Had First Among Sequels in the pile to be read. Oh, and while I’m making British sleuth recommendations, do dig up Jacqueline Winspear—her Maisie Dobbs novels are wonderful. And so I can’t be accused of being completely off topic, I feel confident you’ll find a cup of tea mentioned in each and every one of these :)

ashmanra

She has them written down, ready to check the library!

Comments

gmathis

ashmanra

She has them written down, ready to check the library!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina