drank Wenshan Baozhong by Harney & Sons

Is it terribly wrong that I just took a cold shower so I could enjoy my hot tea?

For the past two weeks, middle daughter and I have been exercising together. During the soft spa music of stretching I start to crave oolong tea and gaze longingly at my tetsubin. After 30 minutes of bebop-ing to K Pop, rock, and Eastern European dance pop, I am far too hot to consider anything but cold water!

Today I just couldn’t stand it anymore! I have wanted to sip at a pot of Wenshan Baozhong long enough! And it was so worth it. I made a plate of cheese and carrot sticks to go with it for our snack, or “second breakfast” for all you hobbits out there!

This is very aromatic, with rich vegetal tones and lovely notes of flowers. My son says it tastes like flowers, but I really get the buttery essence of my favorite vegetables. Everyone is different!

It is excellent paired with this assortment of semi-creamy and semi-strong cheeses.

I made a 22 ounce pot, poured it in the tetsubin, drank two small cups and made a second steep which was then added to the tetsubin. This provides a nice, big pot of tea for all morning sipping and makes a nice mix as well, though if I had never had a tea before I would probably taste each steep separately and unsullied.