I haven’t had this tea in ages, and it appears I didn’t review back when I did have it. I am still experimenting and trying to expand my tea horizons, and I want to learn to like more teas.

The first time I had this I didn’t like it. It was too…Assam-y. I love Irish breakfast teas so I don’t know why my experiences with Assams have left a bad taste in my mouth. I am giving this one another go.

Since the leaves are somewhat fine I decided to steep for only about three minutes. I have to confess I am finding this to be a lovely cup of tea. We are drinking it with Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, which always makes tea seem sweeter to us. I decided to be bold and drink this sans additions. The most surprising thing to me is that I ampicking up a fruitiness in the cup. There is barely any astringency, mostly a hearty, bold malty taste, but not too strong.

I believe I may be able to drink this after all!