drank Vanilla Black by Rishi Tea

First of all, I was surprised to see that the tin calls for one tablespoon of tea per 8 oz. water. When you are making a full pot of tea, that comes out to appreciably more leaf used than the standard one teaspoon per 5-6 oz. water. Since it was my first time trying this I decided to use their parameters.

The tea base has a little more bite than the Harney Vanilla Black base. I believe I taste some Assam in the base, as it is reminding of some of the tea bases I have had in flavored French teas. The vanilla smelled great when I opened the tin, but the taste is very subtle in the steeped tea. I need to experiment a bit, but right now Harney and Sons is superior to me. There is a lot more vanilla flavor if that is what you are after. If you want a subtle vanilla and more tea, this is a good bet.

No additions this time, just plain tea.