Since I managed to get my oldest daughter to try flavored green tea today, I decided to go for broke and see if she would drink an unflavored tea. Since she is doing this just for health reasons (and Dr. Sandy says it is quite possible that my tea consumption is part of why my breast cancer had a nearly non-existent growth rate…it had been mellowed out by the tea!) I recommended that we try this tea next. I warned her that it would be subtle, and she would need to look for the flavors, but her taste buds are a little more sensitive than some since she banned sodas from her diet after her trip to Venezuela.

Oh joy! She liked it! She said it was so much more pleasant than the bitter green teabags she has been using the past few weeks.

When you open the outer pouch, there is a strong, buttery sweet aroma. The steeped tea is smooth with a bare hint of astringency only when the tea gets near room temperature. There is no bitterness, and there is a sweet grassy or hay note as well.