drank Fruits d'Alsace by Harney & Sons

I have been very excited to try this one, and I finally got it today. I love Tower of London and agree with the comparison between the two. They are similar, but there are differences. My youngest daughter felt that it smelled a lot like Marco Polo from Mariages Freres, and by golly I think she is right! I’m glad, because hubby likes both Marco Polo and Tower of London so I think this will be one more we can enjoy together!

ashmanra

Forgot to add: though it is a bit like Marco Polo,it has none of the astringency or bitterness that sometimes creeps out in that lovely tea, even though we steeped for four and a half minutes. Youngest liked it, too. I think Tower of London would probably win if I could only have one of these two, but it is very good.

mpierce87

I’m waiting for my Harney order which includes this tea! I’m super excited that you like it.

SimplyJenW

Oohhh! I agree on the astringency bit…. However, I have to profess my love for Tower of London and Black Currant over this one. Luckily, I don’t really have to choose just one!

ashmanra

Jen, I had black currant once and didn’t care for it, but it was a long time ago. Perhaps I should give it another try, I still have some of the sample left. I love love love Tower of London, even more than Paris, I think.

Comments

ashmanra

mpierce87

SimplyJenW

ashmanra

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina