Today was the family trip to the big city mall for Christmas shopping. We left home at seven am and got back about 12 hours later! There may have been a bit of eating out during those shopping hours…

Got in bed and went OOF! Tummy too full of fatty food to sleep well. I knew what I needed to do. I hopped up and got out my gaiwan and put the kettle on. This sample from Teavivre will save the day!…um, I mean, night!

This time I washed the leaves. My first steeps were noticeably darker, inky black, in fact. I resteeped immediately several times, pouring each steep into a larger cup. As I sipped, my poor overextended, overtaxed tummy started to rumble happily and the yucky feeling disappeared as the puerh worked its wonders. This is a nice, mild puerh that is very smooth. I can’t imagine ever adding anything to a puerh. They are what they are supposed to be, for me, and they make me feel better when I have overdone it with fatty food.

I agree that this would be a good puerh for the puerh novice. Woodsy, earthy, mild, not fishy, and nicely soothing. I would love to try some of Yeavivre’s other puerhs, and will probably put one or two not my order.

Thank you, Teavivre and Angel Chen!