drank Golden Monkey by Harney & Sons

This was the final tea for tea party yesterday. I can’t wait to open the new tin and see how the newer harvest compares to this one!

Jacqueline requested pics of the dingo and pups. I hope I did this right!

Ellyn

thoose dogs are so cute! They are so lucky to be in your home :)

ashmanra

Thank you! My daughters are thrilled, and the doggie seems very happy. I don’t think she had been in a house before, because it wasn’t until the second day that she figured out the magic that is the kitchen.

Ellyn

I agree that if she didn’t know the wonderous land of the Kitchen she likely was not in a house before — my doggie knows the minute I start cooking to run over!

JacquelineM

I almost fell on the floor. They are all so beautiful – mama and babies and (I’m thinking) Gracie!!!

ashmanra

Aw, thank you! We have snuggled them a lot tonight, they will all be very well socialized by the time they are eligible for adoption.

ashmanra

Oh, and you are right! That is Gracie getting the doggie sugar! I tried to post the nc and it didn’t seem to work so I was wondering how you saw her, I didn’t know you could see all the pictures! This is my first time posting links like that. Remember how you had to post the mole photo for me, Jacqueline? :) Aren’t you proud of me for figuring it out! LOL!

Dinosara

Aww, so adorable!

JacquelineM

I am proud :) I am technologically challenged too, so I know just how confusing it all is! I drive my coworkers and husband crazy – I just LOOK at the printer and it goes wackadoodle. I must have a strange electromagnetic force!!

Also, here is a photo of one of the finch babies: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackiemania/6559644645/in/photostream

ashmanra

EEEE! So exciting! What kind of finches are they? When I was a teen a good friend raised zebra finches, and since then I have seen so many beautiful kinds! I used to work for a real estate company and two guys who rented a house in the historic district turned a pantry with a French door into an aviary! With potted trees and everything! I have wanted one ever since! :)

JacquelineM

The are zebra finches! The beak should turn orange when they are mature enough to live without their parents. The males should get the side orange patches by then too. Right now they all look grey.

My coworker wants to build an aviary! I keep looking around my house for a spot ;)

ashmanra

The local nursing homes put them in what is basically a tall, wide curio cabinet with long branches propped side to side. Not a bad substitute! You are going to love them. They are so pretty!

JacquelineM

Sorry to inundate you – but here is a video too!!!!

ashmanra

So sweet! And I had to turn the sound off because little Lucy started barking furiously when she heard the tweets! Oh my! She didn’t make a single sound for two days, then barked at a passerby, and doesn’t bark when guests come in the front door, yet a birdie tweet means she has to defend the perimeter at great decibels!

Comments

Ellyn

thoose dogs are so cute! They are so lucky to be in your home :)

Dinosara

Aww, so adorable!

JacquelineM

Sorry to inundate you – but here is a video too!!!!

ashmanra

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina