Now that we are afraid to go to our Chinese buffet because they started using MSG and gave hubby a horrible migraine, I decided to try to make some of our favorite things at home. Tonight I made Chinese green beans with ginger and garlic, and faux lomein. Don’t ask. Okay, it was Ramen noodles but I made my own sauce and added lots of water chestnuts because I LOVE them.

I wanted a good, authentic green tea for after my meal, and as I went through my box of samples from Teavivre I found this! Ad I am so glad I did!

The dry leaves were soft and fluffy like Zhen Qu Super China Black, an excellent tea. I didn’t read the directions and steeped for three minutes since I was not brewing gong fu style. It is very good.
Even exceeding the recommended limit as much as I did, this was smooth and there was no bitterness.

I am astounded at K S’ description of Cheerios on the front of the sip. Absolutely! Nail on the head! And so forth. :) A lovely grain flavor at the beginning, and instead of picking up floral, I am getting light buttery taste. Another great tea from Teavivre. Thank you, Angel and Teavivre!

K S

Now I’m wishing I had brought this home with me this long weekend because I am really craving it. We had Chinese buffet for lunch – no MSG’s! I had spring rolls for the first time. How have I missed these things all these years?

ashmanra

We love love love spring rolls! The buffet really close to us had a sign that promised no MSG but they closed, and the other one had never bothered us in years and years and suddenly we both had a reaction. I love vegetable lomein, sesame chicken, green beans…on and on! And the neat part is that my son’s Asian girlfriend came over tonight and I gave her some of my green beans and she said they tasted almost exactly like her moms!

I know I will be making this tea again. I just read that they usually serve the tea after the meal in China, and that is pretty much what I did tonight. This was really good tea. It has got to be the green version of Zhen Qu. Maybe I can send some of that your way when I restock. I am out!

gmathis

…and what’s wrong with ramen? :) Your version sounds pretty tasty to me!

Comments

K S

ashmanra

gmathis

…and what’s wrong with ramen? :) Your version sounds pretty tasty to me!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina