drank Shou Mei White Tea by Igourmet.com

To celebrate the New Year, at midnight I heated some water and brought out my Yixing set and my Gong Fu set. My son (!!!) joined me for Bissinger’s chocolates and tea! Hubby was already asleep.

My son doesn’t like tea, but he had tried this one and said he found it drinkable, so we began with this one.

It is a lovely white tea with a flavor profile that leans more towards oolongs to me, and has a nice mineral finish. I think I will be ordering a pound from Upton in the future.

teatime traveler

iGoutmet sent me this tea and I loved it! Thanks for the recommendation, Ruth Ann! Your description was very accurate, it is very oolongy, smooth and lovely.

ashmanra

Glad you liked it! It was the first tea I got my son to drink “more than a sip” with me. Now he and his GF are drinking puerh with me. Will wonders never cease? :)

teatime traveler

Suuweeeet!! What is puerh? I’ve seen that word a lot lately. I’d rather know it from you and/or other steepsters than from Wikipedia. Or is there a glossary on our site?

Just pm’ed you!

Comments

teatime traveler

Just pm’ed you!

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina