drank Rou Gui by TeaSpring

I’m pretty sure this tea was one I got because something Angrboda said struck my happy button. I can’t remember exactly what it was, but I’m glad I gave this atypical-for-me tea a shot.

The dry leaf smells woodish and a bit of a mild/dark cinnamon. The tea, however, is mildly smoky, sweet, fruity and a bit floral. Lots of interesting stuff going on.

The taste is lovely. Sweet and smoky on the front end (in a cigar-ish way) and sweet and nectary on the back end (like honeysuckle). SO GOOD. There is still a bit of that wood note that is in darker oolongs that I just can’t love, but the other aspects are super tasty. Very deliciously drinkable and pretty, even.

I can’t say for sure if I will rebuy this just because I don’t normally find myself going for this type of tea, but this is a lovely example of type that I would be happy to drink again (and again).

Angrboda

I was looking at my posts to see what it might have been, but all I seem to have got out of this one was cinnamon. And mulled black currant cordial, bizarrely enough…

Auggy

Yeah, I’m thinking maybe it was a different one but honestly, it’s been so long since I added whatever tea it was to my wishlist that I can’t recall what it was. So basically, something in my TeaSpring order was your fault. :)

I would suggest Tan Yang, but that was pretty much a given. :p

Auggy

Ha, well that was TOTALLY your fault! But no, it was something untried in that last order. I dunno. But it’s all good because I liked almost all of the teas I got (only one was just okay) so you get to take credit instead of blame. ;)

Comments

Angrboda

I would suggest Tan Yang, but that was pretty much a given. :p

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas