drank Orange Swirl by Sterling Tea

Those of you that know me know I don’t like red rooibos. Green rooibos is cool, but red tastes like rotting wood to me. Which really doesn’t explain why I keep buying it.

This is another tea I picked up from my grocery store. I knew it was rooibos and I probably wouldn’t like but it just smells so good! The dry not-leaf smells like orange sherbet or dreamsicle ice cream. That scent is one of my most favorite smells in life so I couldn’t resist buying a little.

I didn’t anticipate liking the taste, especially as post-steeping this still has that lovely dreamsicle smell, but it is coupled with the sadly stronger wet wood smell that is rooibos. But surprise, surprise! The taste is 90% dreamsicle. Yay! Slurping brings out a bit more orange fruit flavor which is nice and juicy. The rooibos comes in at the very end of the sip; a bit sour, a bit rotted wood. It’s not really all that pleasant but, after the first sip, it’s not really all that present either.

Sadly, I think the flavoring of this might not be my friend as I seem to have developed a bit of a headache after finishing my first cup. That is sad because this is a rooibos that is quite delicious. If drinking it didn’t hurt, I’d definitely do it more.

Angrboda

I have found too that rooibos on its own is no good, but flavoured it’s a completely different picture! Now I’ve actually TWICE bought, actually BOUGHT, a rooibos blend. O.O

Auggy

Shocking! :D But I totally agree – flavoring can really make a rooibos tea good! It doesn’t always work for me, but it’s nice to know that it can sometimes.

Angrboda

Yeah, it works best for me if it’s a sweet flavour or a berry flavour or both. Husband is very fond of one with lemongrass in it, which I’ve come to find reasonable, but will never be a favourite.

Auggy

Interesting! I hadn’t thought to look for a pattern as to what flavors I like with rooibos. I do like lemongrass, but that’s just a general thing, I’m not sure if I like rooibos more with it or not. I must keep an eye out for a pattern!

Comments

Angrboda

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas