drank Turmeric Ginger by Rishi Tea

My right arm is in a sling right now (thanks, bursitis!) so this will be short (I hope). Ginger is the most noticeable thing here, both in scent and flavor. There is a bit of lemongrass in there, too, but I can’t pick out any orange or licorice. The ginger (and probably turmeric) make this a fairly heavy and dark. It’s different for most herbals I encounter. Kind of like drinking my spice cabinet. But in a good way.

LiberTEAS

:( Sorry to hear about the arm. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Skulleigh

Oh dear, I hope your arm gets better quickly!

Ze_Teamaker

(<8^c) I hope your arm feels better soon!

I must say I am intriged with the thought of Turmeric being in tea; being a curry lover and all.

gmathis

This one was a little too strong for me, but I remember thinking that it would be great to keep around for cold and flu season. It’ll clear you out!

Ninavampi

Hope you recover quickly! :)

Auggy

LIberTeas, Skulleigh & Ninavampi – Thank you! I’m hoping the sling only lasts a week then I can get on to trying to keep the arm healthy!

Ze_Teamaker – I’m a big curry fan myself. This has some of the dark/rich notes of curry, but it’s mostly ginger flavored so ends up being sweeter than most of the curry I go for. I think it might need more turmeric to evoke curry-thoughts from me.

gmathis – Yep! I think I originally got some as an alternative to mint teas when I was feeling stuffy – ginger really helps that! It is a more medicinal leaning herbal for me – the spice cabinet taste makes me feel healthy! :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

:( Sorry to hear about the arm. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Skulleigh

Oh dear, I hope your arm gets better quickly!

Ze_Teamaker

(<8^c) I hope your arm feels better soon!

gmathis

Ninavampi

Hope you recover quickly! :)

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas