I’m mixed on this tea. I was expecting the tea equivalent of a kick to the head with stoutness on this one but it turned out not that way at all. Yeah, it’s strong and I can feel the caffeine running through my veins. But taste wise it wasn’t as overpowering as I expected.

But I think I’m going to have to stick to my previous thoughts of just not liking Assam. There is something about Assam… it, to me, tastes like cardboard smells. So I’m drinking this enjoyable tea and then get a ending taste like I licked a shipping box (which no, I don’t do regularly) and the taste only comes up with things that have Assam in them.

So here’s my question: how crazy am I? Is it the maltiness of the Assam that reminds me of cardboard? Or am I just getting bad Assams that actually taste of cardboard?

takgoti

I’m sure that I’ve had Assam, but I either had no idea what I was drinking when that was what I was drinking, or I’m unaware that it’s in tea I’m drinking currently. So, to answer your questions…okay!

Oh, and @East Side Rob had some interesting thoughts on Assam that I read recently.

Auggy

I think I’ve figured (and ESR’s post drove home) that I’m going to have to get an Assam that I know is good quality and see how that goes… which is why I’m totally eying the World Tea Champion Sampler on Steepster Select right now. Because I apparently need more reasons to buy tea.

Who needs actual food in my pantry? I’m gonna clean it all out so I have more room for tea!

Jillian

Bah, you can never have too much tea! ;)

I think the World Championship Sampler looks neat too, sadly I’m all out of money, plus I already caved once and bough the Harney & Sons oolong that was on special.

Auggy

Yep, I’m pretty sure I’ll cave by the end of the day and get it. I’m already thinking of things I could move around to make a little more tea room on the pantry shelf. It started out on the short side of a U-shaped shelf and has gradually been creeping ’round the bend.

I’ll keep a look out for your thoughts on the H&S’s… I managed not to buy it but it was close.

Jillian

I’d been looking at Harney & Son’s teas for awhile so I figured it was a good opportunity to try some of their stuff – I also ordered a bunch of $2 samples.

Comments

takgoti

Jillian

Bah, you can never have too much tea! ;)

Jillian

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas