drank Jardin Sauvage by Lupicia

In my world, rooibos = cardboard. Even flavored rooibos makes me gag. But, I’ve never had green rooibos. I’ve heard of it but never had any deisre to try it. However, this Lupicia sample came in at just the right time for me to actually try this tea instead of just letting it camp out in my pantry on my tea shelf for months and months. I needed another tea tonight because I needed a little comfort and also in my world, tea = comfort.

I wasn’t expecting to like this. Rooibos, you know. I hate it. But this? This was pretty awesome. The fruit flavor wasn’t strong mango or citrus – it was almost sweet melon or starfruit-like. Sweet, light… not knock-you-back strong but definitely the dominate flavor.

After trying this tea, I don’t know what green rooibos tastes like but I’m willing to not lump it in with normal rooibos and hate it. I’d even go out on a limb and say I’d like to try it plain.

Some flavored teas have a nasty aftertaste that make me need to chew a piece of gum afterwards. But this one, like most Lupicia flavored teas I’ve had, doesn’t have that ickiness.

So yeah, this whole babble has the bottom line of not all rooibos is evil and a prime example of that is this tea.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Chrine is glad you’ve found a rooibos you like. Also, the photo of the tea is colorful and pretty.

Jillian

Cool, I’ve never tried green rooibos so I’ll have to remember to keep an eye out for it.

Auggy

I’m sipping on the second steep now and the flavor is maybe the tiniest bit weaker but it really is a lovely cup. Full of flavor but the flavor manages to be delicate at the same time (go Lupicia flavoring!). And the lack of nasty undertaste that I always associated with rooibos makes me want to try out a plain green rooibos.

takgoti

Yaaaaay!

Comments

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Jillian

Auggy

takgoti

Yaaaaay!

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas