drank Artichoke Green by Adagio Teas

My turn to try this oddity!

The dry leaves smell sweet. Not syrupy or anything, just sweet. Can’t really link that to artichoke… While brewing, it has a different smell… some of the tang is coming through. It makes my mouth water just a bit. Almost like very diluted bread and butter pickle juice.

It tastes… neat. Different. Softer than I expected. The first taste is hard to place. Vinegar? But not like straight vinegar and not as strong as the smell. It just has a similar note to it… a clean sort of tang. The ending taste is the most fresh artichoke-like taste I think. As I inhale after the sip there is a very fresh green almost floral taste. I would say this gives me a very pickled artichoke feel but pickled artichoke has always been very mouth puckering to me and this isn’t sour/tangy enough to do that. Just tangy enough to add interest.

Anyway, so far I’m intrigued. It’s a weird flavor to have in tea but I think it is done well. Not sure how in love with this tea I will be once the freak-factor is eliminated from it but I won’t have any problem going through the sampler tin.

oOTeaOo

Hmm interesting! I’m going to be getting this in the mail soon! I’m glad it isn’t too tangy or sour since a part of me is a bit hesitant to try it! Thanks for sharing your notes!

Cofftea

try dropping the temp by 5 degrees and steeping it for 15 seconds longer.

Auggy

@oOTeaOo: I actually started with this one because I figured it would be the most offensive but I was pleasantly surprised. I quite like it.

@Cofftea: Please stop telling me what time and temp to make my teas at. I do not always follow the recommended directions and you telling me in your comments will not change that fact. I do what works for me. If I need your input, I will ask for it.

Cofftea

I’m not telling you what you should do, it’s just a suggestion.

takgoti

Artichoke tea? This just might be the tea the pushes me to ordering from adagio again. I haven’t been this intrigued about trying something strange since I found out about Jones’ Soda’s Thanksgiving in a bottle pack.

Auggy

Haha – that’s what made me do it! Some weirdness just must be tried!

Comments

oOTeaOo

Cofftea

try dropping the temp by 5 degrees and steeping it for 15 seconds longer.

Cofftea

I’m not telling you what you should do, it’s just a suggestion.

takgoti

Auggy

Haha – that’s what made me do it! Some weirdness just must be tried!

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas