After the sweet and unsubstantial teas I’ve had this afternoon, I wanted something with a little more darkness and depth. So this one seemed like a perfect match! Smooth and mellow but a strong enough roasted flavor that it easily defeats the aftertaste of goat cheese I’ve got going on from my lunchtime munching. There seems to be a bit more sweetness this time – an almost honey + orchid taste to it – compared to when I had it before.

I’m contemplating reconsidering the need to purchase this one (very decisive, I know). It’s not up my normal alley for oolongs but there’s definitely a place for it. And maybe even a place for it in my pantry. Maybe.

ETA: Shared with the husband because I’m sweet like that. He is giving it a tentative 4 and only tentative because of the sauce-related burning he is experiencing in his mouth at the moment. But first, pre-burning sips were rated as smooth and monkey-esque but roastier.

TeaEqualsBliss

Okay…sooooooo…Auggy!!! Looking for more tea swap buddies!? Let me know! I envy your collection!!!! LOL

Auggy

Aw, thanks! I can’t swap right now but once I get my teas under control I would love to! A lot of what I have right now is less than an ounce so I feel my swapping capabilities are pretty limited. Plus I REALLY need to use up the teas I only have little amounts of. Then I can order MORE TEA and be full-on swap ready! Hit me up in a few weeks and we can work something out, k?

Ricky

Everyone just wants to raid Auggy’s cupboard =P You have to put everything into the traveling tea box and just send it my way. It’ll be Auggy’s Traveling Cupboard instead =D

takgoti

Glad you liked this one better this time round! I still have yet to log it. The fact that you’re beating me to many of my own teas is only exposing my laziness. Should have thought about that before showing my hand.

Auggy

I think the thing that throws me off about this tea is that it is very much not my normal oolong, but it is really just a good tea. I think I needed one tasting to kind of get familiar with it so drinking it I was no longer thinking “This is good but not my normal” and was thinking “Something different – this is good.” It’s not a huge difference, but it makes a difference when trying to figure out a tea. You know? Or maybe I’m just making stuff up because it is 2:30am.

takgoti

No, you make complete sense. Tea comparisons can be helpful, but not necessarily when you’re trying to get a grasp on something new. Completely understand. [Though to be fair, it’s even later over here.]

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Ricky

takgoti

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas