Two things:
1 – I have only tried two Ceylons straight before, neither of which I’ve been a big fan of. One was good but had very strong raspberry notes and so I wasn’t in love. The other just wasn’t a great quality one so it just tasted of teaplz’s ‘default tea’ and was therefore unimpressive.
2 – I’m tired and my head hurts. I will not go into detail as to why my head hurts, but let us just say it makes me feel old but at least I didn’t break a hip, right? Anyway, it makes me pretty incapable of really studying this tea.

The leaves are really pretty. I love the leaves. Smell nice, too. Like something. Don’t know what. Brewing it up, I walked away and didn’t smell them. So I’ve got nothing there. Drinking time. Mmm. There’s some chocolaty or cocoa-like taste. Some starchy taste (just a hint – like Assam light and doesn’t go to the point of cardboard, so no malty I don’t think). Anyway, I really like it. It’s good. Will have it again when I’m not hurting and give it a more in depth review.

Ricky

So there is a touch of cocoa! Since I use plastic, I keep thinking it’s from my previous cup of tea.

Auggy

Well, there is either cocoa or we are both nuts. But that was one of the first things I got when I sipped. Dry, unsweetened but totally cocoa.

Ricky

Ahaha, agreed. I have a stainless steel thermos, but the lid’s plastic so every time I think I smell cocoa, I think it’s the cocoa from dragon pearls.

teaplz

Sounds tasty! Glad you’re enjoying these, guys! I actually resisted the urge to pick some of this up. I feel proud of myself.

Comments

Ricky

Auggy

teaplz

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas