drank White Ginger by Golden Moon Tea

The dry leaves smell pretty boring with nary a hint of ginger until I stuck my nose deep into the bag.

Only 1.8g of leaf – look, it’s an ROT teabag! – so I’m using the whole thing. We’ll see how it goes. The leaf looks pretty dry and un-fresh so I’m not expecting angels to sing or anything.

Post-brewing the tea smells like a mix of powdered ginger and a little fresh ginger. Not 100% fresh ginger but there’s enough of a fresh smell that it makes me happy.

I’m… mixed on the taste. I like the ginger. It’s warm on my tongue and gives my mouth a lovely tingle after I swallow. It’s really not overpowering which I almost find disappointing. But I’m not so fond of the tea base. I’m getting a little hint of green bean water with it. Though as it cools, it becomes more floral and that melds with the ginger better.

I really wasn’t expecting a lot out of this, but the more I sip, the more I like it.

Ricky

Ahh, I should really start measuring my tea. I used 8oz of water for the entire packet. Yep, it’s definitely not fresh ginger, but it’s pretty similar to what they use for ginger snacks / ginger candy. Give it a longer steep, the ginger kick gets stronger =D

Fred

I normally use 2 tablespoons per 16 oz of water because I like my tea taste to be a bit stronger, unless otherwise specified.

Auggy wasn’t able to because the sampler only gave her 1.8g of loose leaves =(

Comments

Ricky

Fred

Auggy wasn’t able to because the sampler only gave her 1.8g of loose leaves =(

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas