drank Ceylon Super Single by Samovar

The dry leaves smell fruity. This is good – one of the first Ceylons I had tasted strongly of raspberry and, while I am not a huge raspberry fan, that tea pretty much set the standard for ‘good’ Ceylon in my world. Something beyond a plain ‘tea’ taste. This one isn’t quite raspberry smelling – the scent is a little bolder and thicker than your average raspberry. I can’t place it but I like it. The leaves are pretty, too. Long and wiry twists each at least an inch long.

The cup smells a bit darker than the dry leaves. Nothing excessive. There’s a bit of brown sugar smell, or something similar. The taste is sweet and mild with a hint of dryness at the end that might develop more with a longer steep (if you’re in to that sort of thing). The main flavor is tea but it’s got some fruity or honeyed hints about it. I can’t specifically pick out what type of sweetness is in there, but it is close – I feel like it is teasing me.

I haven’t had a ton of straight Ceylons (4 or 5 maybe) but I’d have to say that this one would rank #2 in that grouping. Not quite the dripping with raspberry but not flat and fully default tea either. Overall though, I’m just not all that into Ceylons. I think I want to try this with milk as Samovar suggests. So rating subject to change.
2.8g/8oz

S

I think that’s what I dislike about Adagio’s ceylons—they taste like raspberry, even when I don’t want to taste raspberry. I like chocolate and raspberries, and I like strawberries and raspberries, but I don’t want to drink chocolate-strawberry-raspberry Valentines tea!

Auggy

Ha! Ironically, Adagio’s is one Ceylon I haven’t tried! (Well, not unflavored). The Ceylons I’ve had though seem way too plain to be remotely interesting. Maybe they are just supposed to be the blandness of the tea world.

S

Hehe, yeah, I have a feeling Adagio’s plain Ceylon is more of a nasty-moldy-raspberry than delicious tea raspberry from good Ceylon.

takgoti

This one has grown on me quite a bit, though I should try it with milk. I should get better about playing with additives.

Comments

S

Auggy

takgoti

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas